Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Reagan is doing pretty good considering she has a BROKEN COLLAR BONE!! We can't remember the last time she has had anything broken. The last time she went to this ortho was in 2007. We remember she had a pretty bad broken leg and we could barely touch her for 3 weeks! I guess that was the last one she has had until now! Bless her heart! She has not once complained! I admire her more everyday. If only I could be as strong as her. Allen says that he has prayed for God to give her an incredible high pain tolerance. HE sure answers prayers!!

We were doing trach care on Sunday and noticed a huge bump and of course, I panic! All of her other breaks we know by her telling us it hurts and we know not to touch it, but this one was different. The bump was and still is huge so we weren't really sure what it was. They took xrays and said to come back in a week. They do not do anything for fractured collar bones. He just wants to make sure it doesn't shift.

Pray for her on Friday. We are going for another CT of her neck to forward to Brockmeyer in Utah. We will have to wait and see what he thinks about another surgery on her neck. We are praying for a miracle and that is not now, or ever, a need for anymore neck surgery. We are asking God to straighten those bones in her neck and open up her spinal column. We know He can do it. Thanks for your prayers!

Love,
Jeri Ann

4 comments:

Mrs. Filly said...

God works miracles! I'll be praying!

Jake and Kandyse said...

Wow! Never a dull moment at our house or yours! I sure love you guys. You and Alan are such amazing parents. Reagan couldn't be cared for better by anyone! You are fabulous! I am sorry to hear about the collar bone. I remember how painful that is, so I am sure Alan's prayers have been answered! Talk to you soon. We will pray as well, but in my prayer I will also ask for a non-medical visit to Utah!!! LOL

Megan said...

That's a major bummer. I'll be praying for a healthy recovery and no more neck surgery. Reagan, you are such a tough girl, I am so impressed by your ability to cope with the unexpected. Your whole family will be in my prayers!
-Megan, Child Life Specialist PCMC

Melissa Swartley said...

Oh wow! That is a long time to go without a fracture! We hope she heals smooth and quick! Praying for her always! The collar bone and rib bones are the scary ones for us. Sonya sends her hugs to Reagan. She landed herself in another cast this week.