Reagan had her halo removed and is doing great. She truly blesses us everyday. I will try to post pictures in a few days. She looks great. The four holes in her forehead are looking great also. They are going to heal up fast. The two on her right side do not look so hot but they will eventually be covered up by all of her hair. We were told by B'ham that she needed to wear a neck brace for a while to help support her head while her spine is still fusing! We were told in by Utah that it was a complete fusion and no need for neck brace, so who knows. Allen was happy for the neck brace. He is a nervous wreck about the whole thing anyway. I think he wanted to leave the halo on permanently so there was no chance of her moving her neck! Ha! She is doing good and we are praying that she will eventually be weaned from the vent. She is breathing alot on her own! She gets very upset when she is off of it and tries to talk and she can't. The dr. is going to do some weaning next week and then she will have a sleep study Oct. 6 to make sure she is doing ok on those settings!
Brennen is doing good. Loving school and his teacher. She is really sweet and puts my mind at ease about him being away from me all day long. That was so hard for me to send him to school. My baby is growing up!!!
Allen is working all the time. Gotta love it!
Jer
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Hi little Reagan,
I just ran across your blog looking for something else, but God had other plans. Here in Los Angeles, its 1:23 a.m. so I had better get to bed soon :)
But first, I wanted to tell you that my 7 year old daughter, Cayla, loves Boz, too!
Also, that I will be praying for you and will tell my daughter about a new friend in Alabama for whom we can pray.
You're mommy writes so wonderfully about you. She sure is proud of you :)
You are a blessed and precious little angel and remember to be nice to the nurses! You never know when they can sneak you some extra ice cream!
God bless you and yours.
Love,
Caron and Cayla
Los Angeles
YAY! YAY, YAY, YAY! I am so excited to hear that Reagan finally got her halo off, that her spine is fused, and that she is breathing more on her own! Reagan you rock! This is just awesome news and I am so glad to hear it. You have all been so amazingly strong during this whole time, and your strength I believe really helped Reagan to heal so quickly. I admire your faith throughout all of this. Yay for Reagan!
-megan (child life specialist, primary children's)
Hi Reagan,
It's Caron again, from Los Angeles. I just want you to know I am thinking about you and praying for you! I have your blog on my favorites list so I can see how you are doing and write to encourage you!
Remember, with God all things are possible!
Love,
Caron and Cayla - who turns 8 today!
Reagan, you are so special, i just KNOW you are going to do such great things in your life! Looka t you now! My heart just smiles for such a precious child! God is smiling, too, I know! This whole family is such a blessing of strength and love that is BOUNDLESS! Keep it up!
Love in Christ the King,
Teresa Jacobsen
Post a Comment