Sunday, June 1, 2008

Sunday, June 1

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Jessica tomorrow, June 2! Hope you have a good one Jess! I love you!

Reagan had a pretty good weekend, so I hear! Angela Grisham stayed the night with her on Friday and Saturday. I think she would make a good nurse! I got to go home and spend some time with Brennen. He had his last soccer game of the season so I was glad I got to make that. Mom and Jess stayed with her last weekend! They are good nurses also! Thanks so much! I love you gals!
Reagan is being a little stubborn and not wanting to eat as well as she should be so she still has the feeding tube down her nose and gets pedisure at night. It bothers her so I wish she would eat so they could take it out. I know she would feel so much better not having that in her nose.
She didn't smile at me when I came back today, but Allen got her to smile big when he came to see her. She loves her Daddy. It had almost been a week since he had seen her. Crazy railroad life!!!! She was very happy to see him.
She ran a little bit of a fever this weekend (101.something). They are thinking that because of her spinal cord injury, her body may not be able to regulate itself.?. I don't know what is going on with that.
It is 11:30 pm and she is resting now. I think I will try to get some sleep before they come back in and start poking on her again. I think that is why she wakes up at crazy hours of the mornings. Can't really get on a schedule in the hospital! They have to come in every 4 hrs and cath her and every 6 to give her breathing treatments! She is so strong! My hero!
THANK YOU EVERYONE for everything. The prayers, cards, visits, phone calls, money, encouraging words, food, and all the love and support that everyone has shown. I read her all of her cards when she gets them and she loves them. She smiles. She loved the stickers! She wants to put them on her halo! Love you guys. Please keep her in your prayers!
Reagan and Mommy!

2 comments:

Megan said...

Hi McBride family!
I was so excited to read that Reagan has started talking around her trach. That is a huge feat. Way to go Reagan! You are so strong! I wish I could be there to hear your beautiful voice, it was such a privilege to get to know you whil you were here in Utah! I hope you start feeling well enough to eat more food and be able to get that tube out of your nose. Those are no fun at all! I am glad to hear that you went home to spend some time with Brennen, Jeri Ann, because that is so important! You all are such great supports to Reagan and the strength each one of you exhibits never ceases to amaze me! Post some more pictures when you get a chance, I miss seeing you all! Stay strong Reagan!
*Megan (child life specialist, Primary Children's)

Lynn Tedder said...

Happy 4th of July Reagan & family!
We are praying so HARD for you everyday!

The Tedder Family
John,Lynn,Riley and Logan