Friday, May 30, 2008

Update

Reagan has been having a few good days! She has been eating soft foods and tolerating them well. She has been smiling a lot which makes me smile too! She is talking over her trach. She wakes me up ever so softly saying "mommy, I need you!" Praise God for her little voice trying to come out. They are trying to let her use a passy valve that helps her voice come out loud and proud. She did well yesterday but hasn't been feeling too hot today so the therapist didn't want to push her. Maybe next week. We have no idea when we may be coming home. Sounds like it will probably be a couple of weeks before they even want to train us on the home vent and that will take possibly 3 weeks or more. I guess I should make myself comfortable.
Love you,
Jeri Ann and Reagan Faith
Reagan's address is:
Children's Hospital
Rm 552, Reagan
1600 7th ave south
Birmingham, Al 35233

Thank you so much Angela and Ms. Mary Lou for the use of your computer. You are awesome. I will take good care of it. Thanks a bunch!!!!!

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Hey there girls,

So glad to hear from you via the blog..I check it everyday 2 or 3 times just to be sure I don't miss anything. Hope Nana Jeanie is there by now, I know she is a big help to both of you, she sort of has a good way about her. lol Looking forward to seeing you next week end for a few minutes anyway...hope you have a great week-end and Reagan has a happy week end with her Mommy and Nana.

Love you all,

Debbie

Jami said...

Jeri Ann,
I'm so glad to hear that you made it to Alabama safely and that Reagan is doing well. I always wanted to hear that little Southern voice...I'm excited she is able to talk over the trach! We miss her cute little face in bed 2! Thanks for the updates!
Jami