Well, where do I begin? We are in Birmingham now and things are alot different in Alabama. Primary Children's Hospital had a lot of neat things that Childrens is lacking. One is the access to the computers. But I made it over here today and wanted to tell everyone THANKS so much for everything. The love and support is wonderful. I can't possibly thank everyone for everything but want you to know how much we appreciate it. If love could heal Reagan!!
Reagan is still running a fever and has a UTI they are trying to clear up. Not sure what will happen with that. They have her on two antibotics trying to clear it up. So far, not working! I have seen her smile a few times in the last few days. She loves to play hide and seek. We hid behind the pillow yesterday when Allen came to see her and that really tickled her.
She sleeps a whole lot. She did make a sound today! I think she was as shocked as I was. I can't wait till we can hear her voice again. She is no longer eating by mouth until we can get another swallow test. She was acting like she was getting choked on pudding consistency so they put everything on hold until they could figure out what was going on. Maybe that will take place next Tuesday. We had a meeting the other day and were told that it could possibly be 4 weeks before they got everything figured out as far as her overall home care plan and then would start teaching us everything. The class will take approximately 10-12 days spread out over 3 weeks and then another 4 days of us being in the room without any help from anyone and charting everything as if we were home. I guess the hospital is our home for a good while.
Brennen is being passed around to friends and family! THANKS for everyone's help! Allen is working in and out of B'ham so he is around some of the time. As much as he can be and work too! It's crazy around here! Not the way things were suppposed to be. STRESSFULL would be an understatement!!!!!! I will try to update as much as possible. Love you!
Jer
Friday, May 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Jeri, Alan, and Reagan,
It was so great to see you on Wed., I plan to run back by on the 7th and bring you some "stuff", so I am counting the days until then so if there are any special request just let me know. By the way she is so beautiful...even with "heavy metal" she shines thru. You are all on our prayer lists at church and at our office we are all ready to do whatever you need just let us know. You don't have to see someone's face to love them, GOD teaches us that...so there is much LOVE for all of you being generated in Northwest AL. Kids you know how much I love all of you and your families...so please if you need ANYTHING please just ask.
Love you,
Debbie
McBride family,
First, I want you to know that our family is praying for you. I heard of Reagan through a co-worker of Alan's, John King. My daughter, Logan, was in a tragic jeep accident July 12th. The only reason she is here today is by God grace and answered prayer. God is good and He takes care of His children, but in his time. I will post a link to Reagan's site on Logan's caringbridge site. Sweet Reagan, you stay strong and fight HARD!! We will be praying HARD!!
www.caringbridge.org/visit/logantedder
Lynn Tedder
Dear JeriAnn, We cannot imagine what you are going through during this very difficult time. We are praying that the Lord will surround you with His love and His strength. We are continually praying that you and sweet Reagan are home soon. We love you, David & Cindy Hall
Dear Reagan and family. I found your site through Logan Tedder and I am a prayer warrior with Angel Wings. I looked your site over for a contact address and could not find one. I would love to add Reagan to our prayer list and she would have her special very own angel. Would you please respond to grandmaettas@aol.com or Trish Boyer (owner) at boyerangeltrish@aol.com? We would love to send you a permission to add letter so we can get Reagan on our prayer list. In the meantime, I am going to post prayer requests for you through our group. Prayers and angel (((hugs)))
Jerri Ann and family,
Will not even remotely try to imagine what you have been going through. So many sciptures come to mind-
In the day of my trouble I will call upon thee: for thou wilt answer me.Psalm 86:7
Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. John 14:1
Cast thy burden upon the LORD, and he shall sustain thee: he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved. Psalm 55:22
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Psalm 46:1
Just wanted you to know that I too am thinking of you and your family and also am saying a special prayer for precious Reagan and all of you.
God bless,
Dalton Family
(Sam)
(I cut your Moms hair yesterday, I am so glad she gave me your blog address)
Hello McBride family!
I hope you all had a good, uneventful ;) memorial day weekend! I was sad to see that Reagan is unable to eat as of right now, it was exciting that she was eating before she left Primary Children's! I think about you all often, and your family is constantly in my prayers. It was neat to read that Reagan has started smiling and enjoying games (like peek-a-boo)! Yay Reagan! We miss you back here in Utah, but hopefully being closer to home means actually going home sooner rather than later. Stay strong Reagan!
*Megan, (child life specialist, Primary Children's)
Jeri, can't wait to see you all again on the 7th of June, sounds like our little Princess is moving right along. Won't stay long cause I know a lot of company is tiring. We are all so excited and prayers are being answered... IN GOD'S TIME...man that is hard for me to let go and let God but I am learning that HE is the Great Physician in all things.
I Love All of You.
Debbie and Elliott
McBride family,
We continue to pray so very HARD for you! Your journey will be long,but you are not alone. God will not leave you, ever! Stay strong!
The Tedder Family
Jeri Ann,
I was thinking of you guys this morning, and wanted to drop a quick line to say "hi, and I hope things are going well." I read the last blog and I am praying for continual strength for all of you. Continue to keep your spirits up! You are doing an amazing job. : )
I hope the goodie bag that the group made came in handy! Take care, and I look forward to hearing an update.
Love,
Lora & Meadow, and family
Post a Comment