Friday, July 3, 2009

So I am half asleep when the nurse tells me Reagan's white count is 15! I am thinking oh, well, at least it is staying the same and not going up! Then, about 10 min later I am about to jump up and down when I finally realized, it had gone down. From 17 to 15!! Hip Hip Hooray Join the Praise Parade!!!! -----Mrs. Patty Cake's song!

Something is working but she is still running fevers! They are talking about everything right now and will round in a few to figure out where they should go from here. She got to 102.2 and we gave her Motrin. It was still at 101.4 2 hours later so we gave her Tylenol. Everyone literally shakes their head when it comes to Reagan. She makes everyone work hard for their money while taking care of her. She doesn't want anyone to get lazy! Ha!

Last night around 11 pm she tells me she wants something else to eat. I ask her what and she tells me mac and cheese! I say "but Reagan, its late and I don't think we can use the microwave this late". So she tells me in her cute little voice "but I am starving!" I laughed so hard I about fell down! I had to tell the nurses and of course they tell me that this was a 24 hour operation and that if that baby wanted mac and cheese I needed to fix her mac and cheese.

We have been able to get out of the room some and she loves it. We get on the elevator and she says, "Whee! this is fun!" It just makes my day! Such little things in life make her so happy! She is a little bit of heaven on earth!

We are looking forward to seeing Brennen today. Reagan likes to argue with him! He is usually very well behaved when he comes to visit. They watch movies together and eat junk food! Last Friday the hospital had a summer fun day and the kids had a blast! Brennen picked a rubber duck and won a prize and instead of getting himself something he got Reagan something. A car with a little blonde girl driving! So precious! She loved it and was playing with it last night. He can be so sweet sometimes. I love him dearly too! He has been a trooper thru all of this!

Have a blessed day!

2 comments:

Melissa Swartley said...

Yay for a lower count!!!! I'm so glad to hear that she is improving!!! We will keep her in our prayers that she continues to do well! That was so sweet of Brennen to get Reagan something special! Sending you all hugs!

Mrs. Filly said...

I LOOOOOOVE reagan's voice!! I can't wait to hear her on sunday! that is...if she'll talk to me :) glad to hear the white count is dropping!