Sunday, June 14, 2009

Happy 7th Birthday to Brennen! I can't believe he is already 7. How time flies!

Reagan is doing about the same. She is STILL running a low grade fever and they are testing EVERYTHING, her urine, stool, blood, trach, and fluid from her belly. They do not know what is causing her fevers! She is a little more awake now which is good and bad. It seems she is always awake when we have to leave her and she always cries big tears! Even if we try to sneak out, she knows. She is such a smart little girl!

They have been weaning her from some of her pain meds and I think that she is having some withdrawals. She has been sweating more and very irritable. They assure me they are watching her vitals and things that would show them that she is and will treat if need be.

They put her back on the LTV vent, so that is good. That is the one she will have when we go to the floor. The one she has been on was a little more powerful so for her to be changed over is good. She is not having to have as much support. She is still on 40% oxygen and a high peep but better than the 100% she was on for awhile.

S0, overall, stable with a long way to go.

Pray for Brennen. He is a trooper, but I hate that he is having to be passed around again this summer.

Allen has to go back to work tomorrow! That will be so hard on him! Hard on me too, not having anyone around all week! Harder on him I know, at least I will get to see her.

We are kicked out of the room right now while they are doing a procedure on someone's else's child. I pray that child is alright and we get to go back before visiting hours are over at 2. Nerve racking! Sometimes we don't get to see her even during visiting hours!

God Bless,
Jer

1 comment:

Melissa Swartley said...

Happy 7th birthday Brennen! We will continue to keep you all in our prayers!