So, they called in Infectious disease control today! Reagan's fevers are continuing and her white blood count is extremely high. It shot up to 35,000. The norm is 10-12,000. They wanted to make sure there was not something they were missing.
They decided they would do another ultrasound tomorrow and look at the fluid on her belly again. They feel like the fluid that is still there is infected. They want to put there heads together with Pulmonary and the surgeons and come up with the best plan. Depending on what they glean from the ultrasound, they think they will either drain it again or another surgery to open her up AGAIN and take out the fluid. They think when she had Cdiff that it leaked out into her belly causing pockets of infected fluid.
If that is not it, they will do a bone scan to see if the hardware in her neck is infected. That would be the worst case scenario. That would mean going in and taking out all the hardware that was done last year in Salt Lake and redoing it. Dangerous! And a halo again! I am praying so hard that that is not it. Please join us in prayer for this.
Everyone is just puzzled. They said if it were not for her fevers and white blood count being so high that they would not even think she was sick because she was acting fine today, other than when she was running a fever. She has been eating a ton and tolerating the feeding through the g-tube fine. She was feeding herself a chocolate chip cookie when the infectious disease docs came in.
We got to put her trach from home back in today so she has been talking up a storm. I think that makes her feel a lot better being able to voice her opinions! We can work on her skin breakdown under her chin now.
Brennen got to spend the last two nights with us in the hospital so I think that helped her spirits. He was excellent. I think he liked getting to eat all the junk food that we fatten up on in the hospital! He went home today and I already miss him! He is being well taken care of by friends and family so I know he is not missing me. Good thing he is not a moma's boy or that would make it even harder on us! She also got to see Daddy so I know she loved that. I know she gets tired of looking at me all the time.
I am praying that God will make the fluid disappear and the fevers and white blood count go down overnight. That would be another miracle in Reagan's life! We would take it and give Him the glory! Thanks for your continued prayers! We ALL need it right now.
Monday, June 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I am so sorry. It is so rough when even the doctors don't know whats going on. Hang in there. Call if you need anything.
Love from the Brimleys
Post a Comment