Friday, June 26, 2009

Praise God! Reagan's white blood count went down to 20! We are praying that it continues to go down and does not rise back up like it did in the PICU! She is still having pretty high fevers, 102's, but overall acts like she is feeling pretty good. The doctor gave us permission to take her down to the lobby today to enjoy some activities provided by child life. I think she will enjoy that. She keeps telling us to get her out of this bed!

In rounds today, doc said he still feels like the infection is in her belly and it is just going to take time. How much time, no one knows! The scans that they need to do to see if infection is in her hardware is too for Reagan right now! He wants to wait for a while and keep going at the belly! I think that gives me encouragement knowing that he is not so worried about it being in her hardware and that we can get the infection out of her belly hopefully without anymore invasive surgeries. It would be through more drains!

So, I guess we just pray and see!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

PRAISE GOD !!! So much prayer has been going up for you sweet girl ! I felt this morning that this was going to be a good day for you--so thrilled when I read mommys blog. KEEP BELIEVING !! We will continue praying the infection is leaving her body and
you will all be home Soon !! Love and Hugs, Dav & Cindy

Jess said...

Way to go Reagan! We are still praying for you. You are doing so great sweet girl.
Love from the Brimleys

Melissa Swartley said...

So glad to hear she is doing a bit better! We are saying many prayers for her! Know that you are all in our thoughts! Sending you hugs!

Anonymous said...

I wanted to let you both know that you are in my prayers. I hope that Reagan is on her way to getting better. If either one of you need anything, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Love,
Kristi Phillips